CAJT-Collectif des Amis de James Taylor
CAJT-Collectif des Amis de James Taylor

Ce forum s'est donné pour mission de mettre en contact les milliers de fans de cette légende de la musique encore trop peu connue du public francophone. le site officiel du CAJT - http://www.james-taylor.asso.fr

Vous n'êtes pas connecté. Connectez-vous ou enregistrez-vous

HAPPY BIRTHDAY "SWEET BABY JAMES"!

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas  Message [Page 1 sur 1]

1 HAPPY BIRTHDAY "SWEET BABY JAMES"! le Dim 31 Jan 2010, 6:00 pm

Admin

Admin
MERCI DE LAISSER ICI VOS MESSAGES ANNIVERSAIRE.
NOUS LES COMMUNIQUERONS A JAMES TAYLOR LUI-MEME
(PAS D'INQUIÉTUDE POUR LA LANGUE, NOTRE HOMME PARLE PARFAITEMENT LE FRANÇAIS§!)

ET PEUT-ETRE CERTAINS DE VOS MEILLEURS MESSAGES SERONT UTILISES POUR LES NOTES DE POCHETTE DE NOTRE CD TRIBUTE ( QUI DEVRAIT VOIR LE JOUR A LA MI-FEVRIER)

40 ans, déjà!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET BABY JAMES!!

ecoutez l'album en ligne

Dernière édition par Admin le Dim 14 Fév 2010, 11:17 pm, édité 3 fois

2 Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY "SWEET BABY JAMES"! le Dim 31 Jan 2010, 8:42 pm

Admin

Admin
Dear James and friends,

What a marvelous year this is. It's something I was looking forward to and still can't believe. How can a man such as JT, who still seems so young and vital, have albums that are 40 years old! I have a feeling there's not much more to say than that this deserves a big celebration! And there is, with this years big tour which will hopefully come to Europe too.

I'm looking forward to the fan-cd you're making! We should really make some kind of international fan-book for him with stories, photo's and a lot more we would love to send him.

Thank you for the music,
Rockabye Sweet Baby James !

Erik (Pays-bas)

------------

This is the first and in my opinion,the best one made. It was unique,heartfelt and sometimes sad,but so easy to relate to.

Wish I had a dollar for everytime these songs made me smile...but any JT fan is rich,regardless...rich in knowing some of the purest music that ever passed our ears.

Thanks, James. You did good with this one.

Ayez très Bon anniversaire!

Barb (US)

--------

Happy 40th Anniversary for "Sweet Baby James" on February 1. 2010.
Your signature songwriting style and sound helped us get through difficult passages in our lives.
And it all began with this benchmark album of 1970.

Thanks JT.

Wysteria

------------

Happy 40th!

This album hangs in my "70's closet" and every time I open the door to turn on my music I see your smiling face. The SBJ album carried me through many ups and downs in my high school years and your music is forever etched in my memory - terrific memories of "way back when" - THANKS! ! !

Janmary

3 Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY "SWEET BABY JAMES"! le Mar 02 Fév 2010, 11:17 pm

Admin

Admin
This is the only album for which I can remember the EXACT date I first heard it - 2nd Jan 1971! I heard it on my first date with the man I went on to marry three years later. He had great taste in music! Must try to get the album autographed one of these days.

Brenda

------------

What a way to start a new year, Brenda! Wow. Hope you're still happily married.

Barb

----------

Yes, Barb! Thirty five years last October. We first saw James in concert with Carol King in June of 71, a magic night!

Brenda

-----------------
Oh James ! 40 years. It doesn't seem possible does it? Here we all are in 2010 still hanging on to all of your musically gorgeous words.
Sweet Baby James was given to me as a birthday present in 1971 by a very dear friend. The album has been entwined around my life for so long, it is and always will be another very dear friend to me.
Anne

Collygirl

----------
I first heard SBJ about a year or so after it was released--and I haven't been the same since! I remember being mesmerized by the songs and your voice on that first listen--and I still am. Such a brilliant album--and to think you were only 21 at the time it was released is just incredible. What a talent you are James!

I won't tell you how many hours that I sat at the piano and tried to play songs from this album using my James Taylor song book for piano and guitar! I wasn't very good--but gave it my best effort! I still have the songbook and still try to play the songs. I don't know why I never get any better--after all I have had almost 40 years to improve--LOL

Like so many of your other fans, your music has meant the world to me. Congrats on this special occasion!

Lia

--------------

All I can know to say, James V. Taylor, is thank you for putting yourself and your music out there for us. It truly is a woven tapestry that has enriched and at times, sustained so many of us, for such a long time. Thank you.
~C.

Arkie

--------------

Happy Anniversary 'Sweet Baby James'.
Oh, the years have passed too soon. This was the first album I ever bought and remains my dearest; those happy, sad, melancholic, teenage years. Yet how wonderful that here we are still loving James' special music; happily still being able to see and hear him play and writing messages too!
Thank you for this super forum and all the lovely global James Taylor friends.
Love, Kate.

Kate5

----------------------

I first heard SWEET BABY JAMES one early evening in 1970, when radio station WABC in NY still played music. I remember thinking 'what a gentle voice the person has.' When they played an instant replay I listened again, and caught the name of the artist. A few days later I bought the album. I loved every song. And to this day I still prefer the version of STEAMROLLER from the album. Of course I became a huge James Taylor fan and have every album. I replaced them 3 times. From 8-track, to cassette, to CD.

James' soft voice and guitar really relaxes this spastic body. And as a lot of others have said, he's helped us through some hard times. If James never makes another album it will be ok, because I will always have the collection I have, and I'll always be able to hear my favorites.

SuiteFor20G

------------------

4 Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY "SWEET BABY JAMES"! le Ven 05 Fév 2010, 9:51 pm

My very very dear James,

j'ai découvert ta musique, tes chansons en 1977... ce fut comme une "révélation", and you instantly became a major influence on my musical life.
J'ai tout de suite eu envie de chanter tes chansons.... j'ai passé des heures et des heures à les écouter... puis à les jouer.... avec la même joie, le même bonheur, sans cesse renouvelé... depuis 33 ans.

Wherever I go with my guitar I sing your songs, and this is my greatest musical joy.

Merci James

Happy Birthday "Sweet Baby James".... and what a pleasure to sing it for you ! hope you'll like it.

Marc.

5 Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY "SWEET BABY JAMES"! le Dim 14 Fév 2010, 11:08 pm

Admin

Admin
Message de Jérôme Leclerq

Bonjour James,

Il y a un an, je découvrais vos chansons. Elles m'ont accompagné chaque jour alors que je traversais un cap difficile et elles ont été un véritable soutien.

Au même moment était lancé le projet d'album hommage. J'y ai pris part aussitôt.

J'ai voulu exprimer les impressions et le bien être que votre musique m'avait faite. Ce disque et moi ayant en outre le même âge, j'ai voulu aussi laisser une trace toute particulière pour fêter mon propre anniversaire. Mais surtout j'ai souhaité vous exprimer à travers cette modeste contribution toute ma gratitude pour l'aide apportée à travers vos chansons.

J'ai choisi «Oh Suzanna» de Stephen Foster par compassion pour le personnage de cette chanson qui parcoure le territoire américain du Sud au Nord au péril de sa vie sans attirer le moindre sentiment de personne. Et aussi parce que j'ai aimé les couleurs Jazz que vous avez apporté à l'harmonie de cette chanson et la liberté de ton que vous avez employé pour l'interpréter.

D'avoir travaillé sur cette reprise m'a aussi ouvert à votre pays, sa culture, l'histoire de sa musique pour laquelle j'ai un intérêt grandissant.

Vous excuserez j'espère l'absence de chant, ce qui est étrange sur un album hommage à un grand chanteur. Ce n'est pas une provocation, mais vous comprendrez que je me livre beaucoup plus facilement à la guitare.

Il ne me reste plus qu'à souhaiter un joyeux anniversaire à Sweet Baby James en vous priant de recevoir mes salutations les plus chaleureuses.

Jérôme Leclercq.

Contenu sponsorisé

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut  Message [Page 1 sur 1]