CAJT-Collectif des Amis de James Taylor
CAJT-Collectif des Amis de James Taylor

Ce forum s'est donné pour mission de mettre en contact les milliers de fans de cette légende de la musique encore trop peu connue du public francophone. le site officiel du CAJT - http://www.james-taylor.asso.fr

Vous n'êtes pas connecté. Connectez-vous ou enregistrez-vous

Drummer.....

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas  Message [Page 1 sur 1]

1 Drummer..... le Lun 25 Juin 2007, 5:59 pm

Hello y'all !!!

Who might be kind enough to tell me the name of the drummer accompanying JT in "Country road" in his "Live" album?

Lilly

2 Re: Drummer..... le Lun 25 Juin 2007, 6:51 pm

The drummer was the late Carlos Vega

Keyboards Clifford Carter
Piano Don Grolnick
Guitar Michael Landau
Bass Jimmy Johnson
Vocals Valerie Carter, Arnold Mc Culler, Kate Markowitz, David Lasley

Lots of love
Marc.

3 Re: Drummer..... le Lun 25 Juin 2007, 7:25 pm

Thanks Marc.

4 Re: Drummer..... le Lun 25 Juin 2007, 7:53 pm

Ah ma Lilly, t'aurai aimé que ce soit Russ Kunkel? lol

David

5 Re: Drummer..... le Mar 26 Juin 2007, 7:56 pm

It ain't no secret for no one that I have a special sympathy for Kunkel. Ya know that the heart has its reasons that reason fails to understand.....

6 Re: Drummer..... le Mar 26 Juin 2007, 8:27 pm

I must say I love Russ Kunkel too,
he is so musical and subtle in his way to play the drums. Powerful and/or airy, but never heavy... Listen to him in JT's "Junkie's lament" on the "Pull Over" DVD... Outstanding, du Grand Art !

à bientôt,
Marc

7 Re: Drummer..... le Mar 26 Juin 2007, 8:50 pm

I think Carlos Vega was the drummer with the most perfect sense for JT's music (just my 2 cent). Russ Kunkel and Lee Sklar to me was the "DreamTeam" in music in the '70's (JT, Jackson Browne..etc.). Both of them are still great. I recently played some Lyle Lovett cd's where Russel was on drums. He's such a sensitive musician with "Big Ears"...if you know what i mean. Great musicianship.

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://www.septembergrass.de/

8 Re: Drummer..... le Mar 26 Juin 2007, 9:46 pm

Layla

Invité
and big feet? Hmmmmm.......

9 Re: Drummer..... le Mar 26 Juin 2007, 10:10 pm

Lol Layla! I guess Big Feet wouldn't help him much being a great musician..however.
Well there're lots of different types of musicians, the ones having "Big Ears" are the ones who are able to listen to what everyone else is playing in a piece of music, and like a seismograph, finding the best way to play for the song, just trying to do and give the best they can.
And there are other types of musicians with "Big Feet"...that's the ones saying..."Uh, look here how good i am, look how great my playing is. see how blessed you are that i play in your band?"...
Russ Kunkel is definitely the one with the "Big Ears", don't you think so?
:-)

10 Re: Drummer..... le Mar 26 Juin 2007, 10:17 pm

I forgot to add...lucky you Layla, that you wasn't saying something about a "big nose"...hmmmm

11 Re: Drummer..... le Mar 26 Juin 2007, 10:27 pm

Please Claus excuse Layla. She spends too much time talking to me.

Layla, bad grrrl, why do you talk about big feet? Russ needs his big.....feet elsewhere.

Excuse her, just hormones I assume,lol.

12 Re: Drummer..... le Mer 27 Juin 2007, 8:11 am

Layla

Invité
*Regard innocent*.....Moi????

13 Re: Drummer..... le Mer 27 Juin 2007, 1:51 pm

Hallo CC,
glücklich zu lesen...
Ich heisse Marc und ich bin ein neue CAJTer.
Ich habe septembergrass website besichtigt. Es ist SU-PER , ausgezeichnet.. Vielen dank für die vidéos und audios. Entschuldigen sie bitte, Ich habe deutsch gelernt aber niemals practisiert und es ist ein wenig schwirig zu erineren und schreiben... es tut mir leid... mein deutsch ist nicht "kräftig" genüg.

So I will carry on in english, which is easier for me.
I quite agree with you about musicians and "big ears" (I like your sensitive description), wich is exactly what music is all about.
I assume you too know some musicians who play with their eyes only, or others who litterally jump into a piece of music with "big feet".
I'm sure you often come across a lot of big ears (musicians and listeners), to enjoy sharing music with them.

Danke again
Schüss
Marc.

14 Re: Drummer..... le Jeu 28 Juin 2007, 1:42 pm

Hallo Marc, vielen dank für deine freundlichen worte. Dein deutsch ist sehr gut, ich wünschte ich könnte genauso gut französisch schreiben.

Thanks a lot for your kind words. I sure have met some "big feet" and "big mouth" musicians, but luckily there was only a few. Might be "fortune" that i mostly met those with "big ears" and "big hearts". You're doing great writing german, i wish i could do so in french...but i am working on it.

15 Re: Drummer..... le Jeu 28 Juin 2007, 2:27 pm

Oh noooo. "Big mouth".."Big feet"? Are you calling for a comment????LOL

Contenu sponsorisé

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut  Message [Page 1 sur 1]